So i have started a new craft project, a nice easy one to ease me into the Crafters world. I saw this on Pinterest of coarse ha ha and really wanted to make one. We don't really have much art and buying some right now is a little expensive as we are saving for our wedding, coming up soon!!! just under 4 months, can't believe it. But anyways so with saving for the wedding and hopefully buying a house our funds are a little tight. So making my self some pretty art would make this place a little more decorative without having to spend to many pennies.
So this is what i'm planning on making, all you need is:
- 1 12x16 inch canvas
- 1 4oz acrylic grey paint (or what ever color background you would like)
- 5 pieces of scrapbook paper
- hot glue gun/glue sticks
- foam paint brushes
- mod podge
This is how far i've gotten at the moment.
- I took my pages of scrapbook paper and cut them into about 2 inch strips...don't worry about being accurate it looks better if there is a variety of sizes.
- You then take the strips and cut them into squares i got 4 from a strip, you then just cut one corner edge to edge, then the other one to form a leaf shape. And again if they are not all the same size thats fine in fact make sure you have some larger ones and smaller ones.
- Then in the left corner i have my pile of cut out leaves all ready to go.
So this is my project in the works, i'm so excited to see the outcome i will hopefully be able to get the rest of the supplies this weekend perhaps!!! (fingers crossed)
Once i have it all finished i will write up a tutorial and post my finished art project on here so you can make your self something pretty too!!
If you'd like to keep in touch you can follow us with google friend connect under the Be Kind button.
With twitter our username is @thethreemagpiez
or shoot us an email- email@example.com