Sunday 10 March 2013

Embroidered Pillow

Hey,

So i turned 29 in January, scary i know. I can not believe the BIG 3-0 is next year!!! Yikes. I always feel that turning 30 is like entering 'real' adulthood.  So i have to enjoy my last year in my 20s. Although my mum says that her 30s were her BEST years. And now every birthday she has she turns 39. lol.

So on my birthday this year my lovely mum and sister bought me all the supplies i needed to start a new hobby. Embroidery.
All the embroidery threads i could possibility need, some hoops (a big and small one), new set of needles, and this super cute embroidery book called Doodle Stitching.
My mum gave me some lessons on all the basic stitches. I learnt the Straight stich, the Split stich, The chain stich, the back stich, and the lazy daisy.

So i saw this saying on pinterest and i fell in love with it. So i figured why not use that as my first big embroidery project. I decided to do a pillow case. As that is the easiest thing i could think of to put together.
I used my letter stencils from my scrapbooking, and a pencil and stenciled the words onto my fabric.
I then spent many an evening stitching my many, many letters. I think it took me about a month to complete it.
Here is the finished pillow case. It was hard to get a good picture with the right lighting. But you get the idea.
I just need to find a pillow insert that fits it now. I may of made the finished pillowcase just a wee bit too small for the pillow i had in mind for it. Oh well. lol

Now i am off to IKEA with my little sis amber. Yay for days off.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving us a comment - We read and appreciate every single one. If you ask a question be sure to check back for our response! Remember you can tweet or email us too. Don't be a stranger xoxo